2013 Challenge Round Up

Last year I have been participating in various challenges. One was the Goodreads reading challenge. I started out challenging myself reading75 book but when I reached that goal at the end of July I changed it to 100. Eventually I ended up reading 125 books (as of December 29th 213) and might finish 2 more this year still. Check out the widget for the latest statistics. On the other hand I had hoped to read 50.000 pages but I did not manage to make it that far.

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Ciska has
completed her goal of reading 100 books in 2013!
hide



The next challenge I participated in was Tea & Books Reading Challenge organized by The Book
Garden. I aimed for the goal of Earl Grey Aficionado with 6 or more books count 650 pages or more. As I was having some chunksters still ready to be read this was a great challenge and I am happy to say I did manage to read 8 books with more than 650 pages.

I also participated in the 2013 Mystery/Crime Reading Challenge organized by The Crafty Book Nerd. But honestly I totally failed to keep track of this one. The books I did sign up for this challenge are
I did read more books that would qualify for this challenge but failed to sign them up.

The last challenge I signed up for was Anne & Kristilyn’s 2013 Book Bingo Reading Challenge organized by Reading in Winter & Creativity's Corner. I actually kept an eye on this one though I stopped writing update posts. In the end I did not manage to re-read enough books or read books that I missed out on before. I must admit I am still pretty satisfied with this one though I had thought it would be easier to make this challenge.
From my TBR pile I read
(5)Perlmann's Silence by Pascal Mercier
(5)Papieren Kind by Randy Susan Meyers
(5)The Time Keeper by Mitch Albom
(5)Praagse Winter by Madeleine Albright
(5)Skippy tussen de sterren by Paul Murray
(4)With All My Love
(4)Het Zevende Kind
(4)The Sea of Tranquility
(4)The Night Rainbow
(3)The Neighbors
(3)Heading out to Wonderful
(3)The Invention of Hugo Cabret
(2) Raveled
(2) Het Land van Melk en Honing
(1) The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Frey

Series (15)
(5) Unseen by Karin Slaughter (Will Trent #7)(5) Sorcerers of the Nightwing by Geoffrey Huntington (The Ravenscliff #1)
(5) Reckoning by Kelly Cozy (Ashes #2)
(5) Alpha and Omega by Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez (Locke & Key #6)
(5) The Ambitious Card by John Gaspard (an Eli Marks Mystery #1)
(4) The Angel Stone by Juliet Dark (Fairwick Chronicles #3)
(4) Reckoning by Kelly Cozy (Ashes #2)
(4) Mister Max The Book of Lost Things by Cynthia Voigt (Mister Max #1)
(4) Rivers of London by Ben Aaronovitch (Peter Grant #1)
(3)De Cirkel by Mats Strandberg (Engelfors #1)
(3)The Constant Princess by Phillipa   (The Tudor Court #1)
(3)Nothing Lasts Forever by Roderick Thorp (Die Hard #1)
(2) The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by Frank L. Baum (Oz #1)
(2) The Dark Lady by Irene Adler (Sherlock, Lupin and Me #1)
(1)Welcome to Lovecraft by Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez (Locke & Key #1)

Release 2013 (12)
(5)Het Stockholm Octavo by Karen Engelmann (Dutch release)
(5)The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Gailbrath
(5)The Bat in the Belfry by Sarah Graves
(5)Het Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion
(5)The Magical Stranger by Stephen Rodrick
(4)The Interrogators Notebook
(4)Misty Circus by Victoria Francés
(4)Someday Someday Maybe by Lauren Graham
(4)Life after Life by Kate Atkinson
(2)Amity and Sorrow by Peggy Riley
(2)The First Rule of Swimming by Angela Courtney Brkic
(1)Little Joe by Michael E. Glasscock

Books everyone but me read (15)(2)Angels & Demons by Dan Brown
(2)The Other Boleyn Girl by Phillipa Gregory
(1) A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray

Re-read (15)
(5)Harry Potter en de gevangene van Azkaban
(5)Harry Potter en de vuurbeker
(5)Harry Potter en de orde van de feniks
(5)Harry Potter en de Halfbloed Prins
(5)Harry Potter en de relieken van de dood

Extra (1)
The End of Mr. Y by Scarlett Thomas

Previous
Next Post »

4 reacties

Write reacties
Elizabeth
AUTHOR
31 December, 2013 delete

I LOVE this post. Your chart with the checkmarks is awesome.

I only read 70 books this year. CONGRATS on your 126.

THANKS for sharing and for stopping by my blog this morning.

Don't forget about the giveaway on January 2. :)

Happy New Year!! I like how you make your resolutions!! Great idea.

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Blog

Reply
avatar
Lianne
AUTHOR
31 December, 2013 delete

Looks like you had an awesome year in reading Ciska! :) Happy New Year!

Reply
avatar
Jen G.
AUTHOR
01 January, 2014 delete

Wow, look at all the tracking! Makes me feel better. I joined two challenges for 2014, plus I will make a Goodreads challenge and I had a list of books I challenged myself to start the year with. After I'd made all of the lists out to keep track, I felt like maybe I was slightly crazy. But you did too, so I feel good about it now :)

Reply
avatar
Melinda
AUTHOR
13 January, 2014 delete

WOW! You went over your challenge! That is impressive. Here I was reading novellas to meet mine, hehehe.

Reply
avatar