Review: De vrouw die een jaar in bed ging liggen, Sue Townsend

De vrouw die een jaar in bed ging liggen, Sue Townsend
The day her gifted twins leave home for university, Eva climbs into bed and stays there. For 17 years she's wanted to yell at the world, 'Stop! I want to get off'. Finally, this is her chance. Perhaps she will be able to think.

Susan Lillian "Sue" Townsend was a British novelist, best known as the author of the Adrian Mole series of books. Her writing tends to combine comedy with social commentary, though she has written purely dramatic works as well. Sue Townsend passed away in April of 2014

I am a lazy person and I can totally imagine someone who would want to go to bed to escape everything. Still it is clear there is much more going on in Eva's head than just being tired from it all for just a bit. This book left me a bit confused. I did laugh at points as the whole turmoil of clichés passed by being predictable but charming in a way. The characters did not really impress me. I did like the twins a bit but they all seem to be psychopaths. It is okay if you have one or two of them in a book but none of the characters acted normal making it hard to connect to any of them.

De vrouw die een jaar in bed ging liggen
Author: Sue Townsend
Publisher: Linda.Boeken
Pages: 368
Format: Paperback
ISBN-13: 9789038898742
Original title: The Woman Who Went to Bed for a Year
De vrouw die een jaar in bed ging liggen
3 stars

Previous
Next Post »

1 reacties:

Write reacties
Isi
AUTHOR
10 September, 2014 delete

I know this book because it is available also in Spanish and I thought it was worth a try, but I have read a number of reviews like yours, that in the end they didn't find it that fun.

Reply
avatar