Wishlist Wednesday: The Quick, Lauren Owen

Wishlist Wednesday is a weeklies hosted by Pen to Paper. As I have enough wishes when it comes to books I decided to join this weekly and tell you about them. I am obviously curious about the books on your wishlist too so feel free to leave a message.

London, 1892: James Norbury, a shy would-be poet newly down from Oxford, finds lodging with a charming young aristocrat. Through this new friendship, he is introduced to the drawing-rooms of high society, and finds love in an unexpected quarter. Then, suddenly, he vanishes without a trace. Unnerved, his sister, Charlotte, sets out from their crumbling country estate determined to find him. In the sinister, labyrinthine city that greets her, she uncovers a secret world at the margins populated by unforgettable characters: a female rope walker turned vigilante, a street urchin with a deadly secret, and the chilling “Doctor Knife.” But the answer to her brother’s disappearance ultimately lies within the doors of one of the country’s preeminent and mysterious institutions: The Aegolius Club, whose members include the most ambitious, and most dangerous, men in England.

Though this book is getting average reviews I am still very curious. I love the time period and mystery and London so it sounds like a great read to me. Am curious what I will make of it when I get my hands on it.


Previous
Next Post »

1 reacties:

Write reacties
Isi
AUTHOR
18 June, 2014 delete

I'm reading it at the moment!
I understand the scores it's getting because it has a twist that a lot of people won't like, but I think it is this unexpected part what makes it different, because it surprises you very much :)
I got it from Netgalley, perhaps you can try too.

Reply
avatar