End of the Year Book Survey the 2015 Edition!!


Number Of Books You Read: 98
Number of Re-Reads: 4
Genre You Read The Most From: General Fiction

Pages Read: 36944
Money spend on books: €314,62

Reading!
1. Best Book You Read In 2015?

I always hate this question as there are a few books I enjoyed a lot. If I have to choose one though I guess The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto by Mitch Albom was the most fun.
 
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?

J by Howard Jacobson. I even ended up giving it 1 star
 
 3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
 

De wraak van Vondel by Frank van Pamelen. I am always sceptic about Dutch books but this one blew me away

 4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
 

A Robot in the Garden by Deborah Install. If you have not read it yet you should!

 5. Best series you started in 2015? Best Sequel of 2015? Best Series Ender of 2015?

 I started reading Sandman by Neil Gaiman and it is good!
I did not continue or finished reading a series this year. Hope to get some time in 2016 to catch up with a few more.

 6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2015?

Alex Grecian. Finally found time to pick up The Yard and loved it. I am hoping to pick up more of his books the upcoming year.
 
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
 

I have not really been reading out of my comfort zone
 
 8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
 

The Bird Box by Josh Malerman
 
 9. Book You Read In 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?

The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto by Mitch Albom does qualify but I am not sure I will reread anything as I still have a lot of books lined up.
 
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015?

I think the Museum of Extraordinary Things is the most interesting cover of the last year though I have a few more pretty covers.
 
11. Most memorable character of 2015?

Frankie Presto
 
 12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015?

Repetition but for sure The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto by Mitch Albom
 
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2015?

Reasons to Stay Alive by Matt Haig, though I do think it is a story specific for him about his depression I did feel to get a bit of insight on the mind of someone suffering from depression.
 
 14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read? 

The Yard by Alex Grecian
 
 15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2015? 

“A good book ... leaves you wanting to reread the book. A great book compels you to reread your own soul.”
― Richard Flanagan, The Narrow Road to the Deep North

16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2015?

Shortest: Haruki Murakami's The Strange Library
Longest: Stephen King's Three Novels
 
 17. Book That Shocked You The Most?

12 by Sean Platt
 
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)

 Oww no idea. Not really met an OTP this year

19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year

Thomas Lynley and Barbara Havers in Banquet of Consequences by Elizabeth George.
 
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2015 From An Author You’ve Read Previously

Love May Fail by Matthew Quick
 
21. Best Book You Read In 2015 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:

Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel

22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2015?

I have had a very low romance year I realize

23. Best 2015 debut you read?

Girl Trough Glass by Sari Wilson

24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?

Paris by Edward Rutherfurd

25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?

A Robot in the Garden by Deborah Install
 
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2015?
A Robot in the Garden by Deborah Install

27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
The 3rd Woman by Jonathan Freedland

28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?

Of Things Gone Astray by Janina Matthewson

29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2015?

A Robot in the Garden by Deborah Install
 

30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
Second Life by S.J. Watson



Blogging!
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2015?

I have not been socializing in the book blog community as much as I wanted. I had a pretty good start in 2015 but have been struggling keeping up with everything. I have been planning out my 2016 social activity more and hoping I will find a new blogs.
 
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2015?

I loved writing about A Robot in the Garden by Deborah Install
 
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?

My New Years Resolution post for 2015
 
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?

The 24 hour read-a-thon in October. I had such a great time.


5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2015?

The 24 hour read-a-thon in October. My reading was going great and I had a lot of fun with people around the world
 
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?

Everything. I notice I still love writing on my blog but finding time and writing interesting posts is really challenging. I did find a few ways to make it easier like writing ideas in my calendar. I have been terrible at socializing too.


7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
My 24 Hour Read-a-Thon post from April

8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?

I don't know.. I am always happy when one person reads a post. 
 
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?

Not book related but Asana has been a great one to help me get my blogging scheduled and harassing me when I was late with posts. 

10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?

I finished the Goodreads challenge. I started out with a 52 book challenge but reached that goal way back in July so upped it to 75 and 100. When I realized 100 was just out of my reach I put it back to 95 as I had managed to meet my goal twice already.



And now?
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2015 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2016?

Outlander by Diana Gabaldon though I do believe that was my answer last year too.

2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2016 (non-debut)?

I have not been looking around much for book releases as I am really going to make an effort of reading the books I have this year.

3. 2016 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?

I read A Girl Trough Glass by Sari Wilson this month which will be released in January and it is a book you all should be reading!

4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2016?

As said I have not been looking to much into this. Will see what comes. 
 
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2016?

Be better in getting my posts up and socializing. 

6. A 2016 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:

See no 3!! 


- See more at: http://www.perpetualpageturner.com/2015/12/6th-annual-end-of-year-survey-2015-edition.html#sthash.qVSPhAjZ.dpuf
Previous
Next Post »

3 reacties

Write reacties
01 January, 2016 delete

Oh, I do hope you'll find the time to read Outlander, Ciska! You had a great reading-year for sure, and I hope the same will be the case for 2016.
Happy New Year and happy reading.
Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

Reply
avatar
03 January, 2016 delete

I agree - Frankie Presto was a great book and, might I say, lyrically written? (I know, cheesy but it works, right?). Looks like you had a good year and cheers to 2016!

Reply
avatar
Lindsey
AUTHOR
05 January, 2016 delete

The Museum of Extraordinary Things did have a great cover! I find that her book covers are usually beautifully designed and really represent the stories.

Reply
avatar