There goes April..!

april books


Hi y'all. How was the start of your spring? We have been having crazy weather here. Summer and shorts the one day back to winter sweaters the other day. No surprise a cold happened. My month has been crazy busy with a lot of fun stuff. Some theatre, a lot of eating out and some holidays with fun.
I did manage to read a lot of books. Thanks to the Dewey read-a-thon in the last weekend of April.

Last month I started listening to the Lucas Davenport series by John Sandford on audio. I finished 4 more books in this series this month. I am really enjoying Richard Ferrone as narrator though the audio is not always great. A lot of pauses making me wonder if something is wrong with my phone.

My favourite book of the month was The Hearts of Men by Nickolas Butler. His writing style is mesmerizing and he knows how to set an atmosphere. Go read his books! I read three two star books this month. Biggest disappointment.. Revival by Stephen King. I usually love King and the synopsis of this book made me expect some really nice horror like giving me the creeps story. It never really managed to grab me though. This made me sad but it cannot all be 5 stars.. right.

I am almost done with my Goodreads challenge for this year. Will probably up it at some point. According to an excel sheet I have running somewhere I am on track for 120 books this year but as I am starting a new job in June I expect my numbers to drop at that point.

In May I really should focus on writing reviews. Is there a Bloggiesta happening? I will be crazy busy again with fun things but it will include a  lot of free time too. I am looking forward to it. Did not make any reading plans too as I am a big mood reader at the moment.
Previous
Next Post »

1 reacties:

Write reacties