Books for the Month: October 2012 Round Up

Autumn Halloween October ButtonAt the beginning of the month I posted the following list of books I was planning to read
  • Audrey Niffenegger / The Time Travellers Wife
  • Bram Stoker / Dracula (Groupread Coffee & Books on Goodreads)
  • Neil Gaiman / The Graveyard Book (Groupread Coffee & Books on Goodreads)
  • Meg Wolitzer / The Uncoupling (A-Z Challenge U)
  • Sarah Jio / The Violets of March (A-Z Challenge V)
  • Sara Gruen / Water for Elephants (A-Z Challenge W)
  • Maggie Stiefvater / Shiver (Series Challenge)
  • Maggie Stiefvater / Linger (Series Challenge)
  • Maggie Stiefvater / Forever (Series Challenge)
  • S.J. Watson / Before I go to Sleep (Groupread @LeesTweeps)
There have been a lot of changes in my books this month. I finished "The Time Travellers Wife" which I had a hard time finishing.
I did not finish a lot of books planned for this month. First "Dracula" I had both the audio and eBook and was switching between. I liked the audio book better but the female voices where not very pleasant to listen too so I ended up trying to read those parts and listening to the males. But I could not get used to the way it was written. I read about 150 pages but was so annoyed by the style I decided to stop.
Next "The Wolfs of Mercy Falls" series. I managed to finish "Shiver" but only liked about 40 pages in that book. I did decide to start "Linger", the second book but after 40 pages I was getting the same annoyed feeling and decided not to continue reading this series.
I finished "The Uncoupling" but really did not like the book so I was pretty frustrated with my choices for this month at that point.

I was very pleasantly surprised with "The Violets of March". I was not having much hope anymore but this book turned out to be a very pretty sweet and lovely book.
I loved both "The Graveyard Book" and "Water for Elephants". I think Gaiman is a brilliant author and very capable of setting atmospheres. These books did some good.

To spoil myself a bit I stuffed in two books that had been on my nightstand for a while now. The first "Britannia Road 22" by Amanda Hodgkinson and "Terugkeer Ongewenst" by Charles Lewinsky.

I saved "Before I go to Sleep" till the end of the month cause the @Leestweeps twitter chat for this book is on the 4th of November in the evening.

Literary Blog Hop button
It was the first time I joined in a Giveaway. I would like to thank everyone for participating and visiting my blog. I have found a lot of interesting blogs trough this blog hop and enjoyed.

I would like to take the chance to congratulate Betty J. with winning a copy of "The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Frey" I hope you will enjoy it.


 
Previous
Next Post »