Train on Thursday: Dorst, Esther Gerritsen

I travel with public transport on regular base. One of my favourite past times when in bus or train besides reading is checking out what other people read. I usually look these books up (especially when someone is so hooked they don't notice me checking them out) to see if they would be something for me. In this weekly I will introduce you to the books I spotted while travelling.
If you want to join in this weekly feel free to write your own post on the books you spot. That can be anywhere, in the park, on the street, in line at the book store / library. There is a linky in the bottom to link up your post or you can leave a comment!
Dorst Esther Gerritsen
Coco and her mother Elisabeth hardly ever see each other. One day they walk into one another and just like that her mother tells her she will not be living much longer. Her GP told her she had to share the news with someone. Coco feels responsible and decides to live with her mother. Back in her parents house Coco returns to the old habit of drinking to much. Her mother keeps her mouth shut because she feels that is what is expected of her but with her health getting worse she finds it hard to lie to her daughter.
This book is getting varied reviews. People seem to love or hate it. As a lot of people write that the book has a lit of a depressing with a lot of problems kind of sound I am not sure this book would be ideal for me. I do read it is well written though...
So who of my Dutch readers read this book and what did they think of it? Would you read this book if it was available in your language?



Previous
Next Post »