I #ReadSherlock in October

Just before the start of October I notices a little image on Instagram. Tif from Tif Talks Books was organizing a Sherlock event. There was a schedule for reading and an Instagram scavenger hunt.

https://www.instagram.com/tiftalksbooks/ https://www.instagram.com/tiftalksbooks/

I had The Complete Stories by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle on my pile for a long time and added it to my Mount TBR challenge for this year but I had not picked it up yet. I liked the idea of joining a group of people in reading the stories. Though my schedule was a bit off compared to the plan Tif made I did manage to read the first 4 stories. I only started watching the Sherlock today. I did participate in the Instagram Scavenger Hunt too. It was great fun getting fitting pictures to the challenges.


I read A Study in Scarlet, The Sign of the Four, The Hound of the Baskervilles and The Valley of Fear. I enjoyed The Hound of the Baskervilles the most. It is the story I could keep up with the best and it was possible a bit to puzzle along. The other stories most of the puzzling is happening in a big black hole and the results are just thrown out.
The way The Hound of the Baskervilles was set up was most enjoyable too. The other three stories build on a situation happened to the killed person in the past and these complete stories are disclosed in the last part of the story. After that the run down of the mystery is done. By that time my interest was gone. In The Hound this is balanced better making it more engaging to read.
I will slowly continue finishing the book. The stories are not to long and entertaining enough.
Tif is planning on organizing the event again next year and I will keep an eye on it. She had these great posts, polls and fun giveaways going on.

Previous
Next Post »