September 2012 Round Up #RAK

Wow, this month went fast. All of a sudden summer is gone and autumn is here. Honestly I love autumn and winter. I like the warmth of my house and curling up on the couch with a book and a cup of tea.
September has been a bad month for my bank account but a good month for my bookshelf.

I send out a #RAK this month to Vonnie from Vonnie's Reading Corner it was her birthday and I send her "Unwholly" by Neal Shusterman.

Brittania Road 22 De gevangene van de hemelI went to Manuscripta for the first time. Manuscripta is a two day event where publishers and bookpromoters / sellers introduce their to be released books for the upcoming months to the audience. There are various activities and signings too.
handtekening Zafon Hodgkinson BarnesThis year I looked trough the program and saw that Carlos Ruiz Zafon was coming to sign his new book which was to be released that same weekend. Eventually I ended up going both days. On the Saturday I had Julian Barnes sign my copy of "The Sense of an Ending" which I got for my birthday in July. On Sunday I saw Amanda Hodgkinson and Carlos Ruiz Zafon. I had an ebook from "22 Britannia Road" but as that is pretty hard to sign I got the paperback on Manuscripta.

Harold Fry Hastrup Escober
With the actions and free-giveaways I won and got some books too. I entered a lottery on Saturday from Cargo in the hope to win "De onwaarschijnlijke reis van Harold Fry"  ("The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry") and when I saw my lottery number was 13 I obviously lost all trust in winning. They where giving out 6 books and I won one!!! I also got a free eBook as they where promoting eBook gift cards and two books in goodie bags which both sound interesting too.

Madeleine Albright Het Nederlands bakboek Papieren Kind
During the rest of the month I could not stop myself from buying "Prague Winter" by Madeleine Albright, "The Comfort of Lies" by Randy Susan Meyers, "Skippy Dies" (eBook) by Paul Murray and a baking book with Dutch recipes "Het Nederlands bakboek" by Gaitri Pagrach-Chandra.

I did not have time to read any of these books yet though so I am totally ready for the weather to go bad and living on the couch.

This month I did not plan many books to read. Reason was that I still had to read the last Matthew Shardlake book and the experience with the previous books was that it could take a whole to finish it. Other books I planned to read where:
  • Gone Girl - Gyllian Flynn (Groupread Fiction Fanatics)
  • The Quickening Maze - Adam Foulds (A-Z Challenge Q)
  • Remembrance - Michelle Madow (A-Z Challenge R)
  • The Secret she Left Behind - Diane Chamberlain (A-Z Challenge S)
  • The Time Traveler’s Wife - Audrey Niffenegger (A-Z Chalenge T)
  • Dead as a Doornail - Charlaine Harris (Series Challenge)
  • Definitely Dead - Charlaine Harris (Series Challenge)
I finished most of them. Started "The Time Traveler’s Wife" yesterday the others I did finish except for "The Quickening Maze" I had to put that one down because I could not get a grip on the story. Instead I read "A Quiet Vendetta" by R.J. Ellory for my Q in the A-Z Challenge. Reviews of all these books will be coming.

And last but not least I decided to make the step from Tumblr to Blogger. As I ran into the limitations of Tumbr on several occasions I decided to have a look into my other options. As I was to lazy to choose for a self-host option I decided to go with Blogger. If you want to read up to my old posts feel free to visit my Tumblr, there are some pictures there too I will not post here (binturongs). Eventually I will transfer the reviews from Tumblr too here too but that is going to take a while because Tumblr does not export. So now I am going to make my plans for October and enjoy the rest of my Sunday!

How was your month.? Are you ready for autumn?



Previous
Next Post »