It's Monday January 6th 2014! What are you reading?

It's Monday! What are You Reading! is a weekly hosted by Sheila over at Book Journey. This weekly is meant to keep you people updated on what I read the last week and what I am planning to read the upcoming week.

Last week has been pretty normal despite the new year starting. I had to work, just had the Wednesday free which was corrected with the fact I worked the whole of Thursday which is usually my day off. Good thing I was totally confused with what day it was due to all the celebrations.
I did not read enough... well not as much as I wanted. I do not often get jealous on you guys and girls but when you keep tweeting you are free and get so much reading done it does hurt a bit ;).
So my reading this week, I finished Night Film by Marisha Pessl which I totally loved. I read I Shall be Near to You by Erin Lindsay McCabe, a bittersweet story. I started my Jazz Age January challenge with Z: A Novel of Zelda Ftizgerald by Therese Anne Fowler which was as good as I had heard from other people.

Night Film, Marisha Pessl cover I Shall be Near to You, Erin Lindsay McCabe cover Z: A Novel of Zelda Ftizgerald, Therese Anne Fowler cover

I am currently reading The Paris Wife by Paula McLain which also qualifies for Jazz Age January

The Paris Wife, Paula McLain cover

Next up are The Splendour Falls by Susanna Kearsley, Live by Night by Dennis Lehane and I hope to start Rules of Civility by Amor Towles.

The Splendour Falls, Susanna Kearsley cover Live by Night, Dennis Lehane cover Rules of Civility,  Amor Towles cover

What was your first read of the year?


Previous
Next Post »

10 reacties

Write reacties
06 January, 2014 delete

I think I might try Night Film. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Here's my It's Monday!

Reply
avatar
06 January, 2014 delete

2014 is off to a great start for the both of us I think! :) Happy Reading This Week!! The Brunette Librarian's Blog

Reply
avatar
07 January, 2014 delete

Oh, I can't wait for my copy of Spendour Falls to arrive next week! Looks like you have some great books here!

Lisa

Reply
avatar
07 January, 2014 delete

My first of the year was finishing North and South by John Jakes... But I'm super excited about Jazz Age January! I just finished up The Chaperone this weekend!

Reply
avatar
Lindsey
AUTHOR
07 January, 2014 delete

You have great book this week! I almost picked up Rules of Civility at the bookstore. I did get a Susanna Kearsley novel, although not that one! I hope you enjoy all of your books and find lots of time to read this week. :)

Reply
avatar
Ciska
AUTHOR
07 January, 2014 delete

@Words for Worms I loved the Chaperone! It is a real #coverho book but the story was well done too.

Up till now all my Kearsley books have been great reads Lindsey. Hope you will enjoy yours!!

Reply
avatar
DoingDewey
AUTHOR
07 January, 2014 delete

I ended up not doing Jazz Age January since I have a number of other events I'm involved in this month, but your reading choices look great! I hope you have a lot of fun with them :)

Reply
avatar
08 January, 2014 delete

The books look great - I have pretty much given up on tweeting - I just dont have the time and I hate the layout since they have changed it up.

Reply
avatar
Jen G.
AUTHOR
09 January, 2014 delete

Glad you like Z! It was such a good book. My first read was The Goldfinch, but I'm moving into Middlesex next. It was a big one awhile back and is the only book that ended up on all three of my reading challenges for this year!

Reply
avatar
Ellie
AUTHOR
10 January, 2014 delete

I read The Paris Wife for book group. I wonder if you have to be a Hemingway fan for it really...I got a bit annoyed with it. But it's not a book I would have read on my own steam.

Reply
avatar