Wishlist Wednesday: The Night Rainbow, Claire King

Wishlist Wednesday is a weeklies hosted by Pen to Paper. As I have enough wishes when it comes to books I decided to join this weekly and tell you about them. I am obviously curious about the books on your wishlist too so feel free to leave a message.

It is summer in the south of France, and Pea and her little sister Margot spend their days running free and inventing games in the meadow behind their house. But Pea is burdened with worries beyond her five and a half years. Her father has died in an accident, and her mother has just lost a baby. Maman is English, isolated in this small, foreign village, and in her sadness has retreated even further. Pea tries her best to help, makes Margot behave, brings home yellow flowers, but she can't make Maman happy again. When Pea meets Claude, a man with a dog who seems to love the meadow as she does, she believes that she and Margot have found a friend, and maybe even a new Papa. But why do the villagers view Claude with suspicion and what secret is he keeping in his strange, empty house?
I first reacted on the cover. I think it is very pretty and I love the colors. Next I love the synopsis. It sounds very sad but in a way hopeful.This book will not be available until April so I still have to be a bit patient.

UPDATE: Got this tweet from Claire King today with the good news her book will be available earlier.


Previous
Next Post »

3 reacties

Write reacties
30 January, 2013 delete

Lovely cover - this one sounds great - added it to my wishlist ! Hope you get to read it soon :)

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
30 January, 2013 delete

You always have such interesting choices! I'm putting this one on my wishlist too.

Lisa

Reply
avatar
30 January, 2013 delete

Oh wow, good news about the early publication of it! Hope you get it straight away :P

Lauren
My Wishlist Wednesday

Reply
avatar