Top Ten Tuesday: Worst serie enders

top Ten buttonTop Ten Tuesday is a weekly hosted by The Broke and Bookish. Every week the girls from the Broke and
Bookish come up with a subject and I will try to find 10 results combined with that weeks topic.

This weeks topic is worst series enders. I am not sure what is meant with this. My first guess it it is always bad when a series end. Second guess the last book in a series is a total let down. So I am going with both explanations!

1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K Rowling
Though I feel it was a proper end to this series I did not want it to end at all!

2. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson
Another book which closed the series in a proper way but but I loved the whole series so much and was sad it was over.

3. Heartstone by C.J. Sansom
Where the other 4 books concentrate on one important story line with a few extra's this is the first book (and the last of the series) that has multiple story lines. Combined with the already overwhelming amount of historical facts I did not enjoy this book as much as the others and was actually disappointed a bit with the closing


And all the other series I read and have strong feelings for still run or I still have to read the last book. Which makes me almost afraid to visit other blogs today... what if you guys hated an ending of a series I still have to read.
Previous
Next Post »

8 reacties

Write reacties
Unknown
AUTHOR
08 October, 2013 delete

Yes, definitely agree with Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
08 October, 2013 delete

I agree with the Deathly Hallows, but haven't read the other 2.

My TTT

Reply
avatar
Ula
AUTHOR
08 October, 2013 delete

I feel the same way about Harry; sad that it ended but glad about the way it did :)
Nice picks!

Reply
avatar
Lianne
AUTHOR
08 October, 2013 delete

Great list! Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is making it on many people's lists this week I see xD

Reply
avatar
08 October, 2013 delete

Is Heartstone the last in the Shardlake series? I recently picked up the first 3 books (amazing used book sale) but haven't started them yet -- and hadn't realized that the series had ended! Glad to hear you enjoyed the series, even if the last book was a disappointment. And YES for Harry Potter!!

Reply
avatar
Ciska
AUTHOR
08 October, 2013 delete

Yes Hearstone is the last one Lisa. I hope you will enjoy the books!!

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
08 October, 2013 delete

I completely lied when I said I hadn't finished any series--I did finish all the Steig Larsson books! I also liked The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest.

Reply
avatar
Melinda
AUTHOR
15 October, 2013 delete

I must still read some more CJ Samson novels! I loved The Millenium trilogy, as you know!

PS, I think you missing a letter: "Serie enders" :)

Reply
avatar