is a great way to recap my reading in the past year a bit so here are my answers.There are some books doubling in here, I am sorry for that but they were the best book for that question.
1. Best Book You Read In 2013?
The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion, this book made me laugh out loud in public places which I usually hate to do but I could not help myself.
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Skippy Must Die by Paul Murray. This book totally confused me and not in a pleasant way.
3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2013?
Ashes by Kelly Cozy, I must admit that I was totally biased by the cover and even though the synopsis was interesting I was not sure about it. BUT IT WAS SOOO GOOD!!
4. Book you read in 2013 that you recommended to people most in 2013?
Death, the Devil and the Goldfish by Andrew Buckley
5. Best series you discovered in 2013?
Locke & Key by Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez, though I saw various parts of this series before I did not pick up the first book till the beginning of this year. Now I read the last one too and am sad it is over.
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2013?
Lauren Graham she is one of my favorite actresses already and I was very pleased with her debut novel, Someday, Someday, Maybe
7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
Well I guess this question brings up a new challenge. I did not really read a book out of my comfort zone or in a new genre... recommendations are welcome!
8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2013?
NOS4R2 by Joe Hill, I was reading this on holiday and had to put it down all the time to do activities, that hurt!
9. Book You Read In 2013 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
The Night Rainbow by Claire King. This book will return a few more times in this list. It is so beautiful and sweet and I want to read it now.
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2013?
The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick. By far one of the prettiest books I held this year not only the cover but all the graphics in the book.
11. Most memorable character in 2013?
Pea. She is the main character of The Night Rainbow by Claire King (and this is not the last time you will see this book either) She is a very convincing 5 year old with a great imagination and so much love. She left me heartbroken and that is why with the next question...
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2013?
I have to answer The Night Rainbow by Claire King again
13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2013?
The Returned by Jason Mott, it really made me consider what I would do when the situation described in this book would be upon us. This kept me busy for weeks.
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2013 to finally read?
The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce. It was on my night stand for over a year and I enjoyed it so much. Though I know why it took me so long to get to it the whole situation made me decide that the challenge for 2014 is to get that pile on my night stand out of the way.
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2013?
“When you're young, and you head out to wonderful, everything is fresh and bright as a brand new penny, but before you get to wonderful you're going to have to pass through all right. And when you get to all right, stop and take a good long look, because that may be as far as you're ever going to go.” ~Heading out to Wonderful, Robert Goolrick~
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2013?
American Gods by Neil Gaiman with 722 pages
Misty Circus by Victoria Frances 64 pages
17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers!
I did a Harry Potter re-read. Always dying to discuss that and thankfully a lot of people available. Another book I discussed with a lot of other people is The Rosie Project (does it get boring already?) by Graeme Simsion and The Returned by Jason Mott kicked up some dust too.
18. Favorite Relationship From A Book You Read In 2013 (be it romantic, friendship, etc).
Albert and Carol from Tom Winter's Lost & Found
19. Favorite Book You Read in 2013 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
Songs of Willow Frost by Jamie Ford. I totally loved Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet and did not doubt for a moment in picking up the second book by this author.
20. Best Book You Read In 2013 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else:
The End or Mr. Y by Scarlett Thomas which I got recommended for my Book Bingo Challenge by Becky from http://writingbeckles.wordpress.com.
21. Genre You Read The Most From in 2013?
Most read genre are Children's books. With a complete re-read of Harry Potter that had a head start already and have been revisiting some childhood favorites too.
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2013?
Confession time. Though I do have a vivid imagination I usually do not use it to turn the characters in my book to life in a crushlike way. I also read a lot of books with OLD guys or boys which would make any answer inappropriate.
23. Best 2013 debut you read?
The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion
24. Most vivid world/imagery in a book you read in 2013?
NOS4R2 by Joe Hill.
25. Book That Was The Most Fun To Read in 2013?
Death, the Devil and the Goldfish by Andrew Buckley (or his other book Stiltskin that was just released) both books are filled with a brilliant and totally logic story played out by not so logic characters making all the situations totally ridiculous.
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2013?
The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay
27. Book You Read in 2013 That You Think Got Overlooked This Year Or When It Came Out?
The Life List by Lori Nelson Spielman. I have been pushing this book a bit because I think it is very beautiful but there is a life lesson hidden in the story that more people should be aware of.
Looking ahead to 2014
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2013 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2014?
A re-read of IT by Stephen King. It is on my night stand waiting for me.
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2014 (non-debut)?
The Lost Sisterhood by Anne Fortier. I loved Juliet and am very curious about this one
3. 2014 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
These always surprise me and I am honestly never informed enough. If you have a title for me to look up please let me know in the comments!
4. Series Ending You Are Most Anticipating in 2014?
The Book of Life the last book in the All Souls Trilogy by Deborah Harkness is set to be released this year.
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging In 2014?
Read 50.000 pages in a year.
Now I am curious what the best book is you read in 2013 and do not forget to leave me recommendations for other genres or out of my comfort zone books or maybe an interesting debut novel that will be released in 2014.