Wishlist Wednesday: A Spool of Blue Thread, Anne Tyler

Wishlist Wednesday is a weeklies hosted by Pen to Paper. As I have enough wishes when it comes to books I decided to join this weekly and tell you about them. I am obviously curious about the books on your wishlist too so feel free to leave a message.

A Spool of Blue Thread, Anne Tyler
"It was a beautiful, breezy, yellow-and-green afternoon." This is the way Abby Whitshank always begins the story of how she fell in love with Red that day in July 1959. The whole family--their two daughters and two sons, their grandchildren, even their faithful old dog--is on the porch, listening contentedly as Abby tells the tale they have heard so many times before. And yet this gathering is different too: Abby and Red are growing older, and decisions must be made about how best to look after them, and the fate of the house so lovingly built by Red's father. (from Goodreads)

The cover of this book catches your eye. First I noticed it on twitter a few times and I was like... I have seen this before. After I spotted it on other blogs and everywhere basically so I decided to check it out. I have heard a lot of great things about books written by Anne Tyler. Especially that they are great on atmosphere and pulling a reader in. As I am having a few fights with some books I really feel like a book that will grab me and not let go.
Did you read a book by Anne Tyler?
Previous
Next Post »