This week in Top Ten Tuesday the subject is settings. Are there settings I miss and would like to see more in books. Another Top Ten that is going to be a struggle. There are a lot of settings I like (beach, school, murder mansions) and I often pick books with those settings. I have never really gave it much of a thought though if there are things I feel like I am missing out on or that I cannot find a book fitting that setting. But let me give it a try.
- Crime scenes: I love to watch/ read crime stories but have not been doing that a lot lately. I guess I would like to read more and see more crime scenes and investigate along.
- Small villages: Those small towns where everybody knows each other. Stories with that setting usually give me a cosy feeling.
- Castles: When I was younger I read a lot of historical fiction on knights and castles being under siege. Now I think of it I have not really read a lot of these books the last year though I enjoy them.
- Middle Ages: Same with the castles. I like to read about troubadours and war and cities and their goings. I do prefer it to be fiction though set in the late Middle ages (after 1100)
- Mystery Mansions: While typing I realized it has been a while since I read a book that gives you the creeps so badly you hardly dare to open the door to your bedroom.