Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite books of 2013 so far!

Top Ten Tuesday buttonTop Ten Tuesday is a weekly hosted by The Broke and Bookish. Every week the girls from the Broke and
Bookish come up with a subject and I will try to find 10 results combined with that weeks topic.

This weeks topic was not that hard. I read some great books already this year. I re-read the whole Harry Potter series and read The Invention of Hugo Cabret for the first time and loved it. But I will keep my top ten minimized to books that where released in 2013 (the version I read). I gave two books 5 stars and the other 8 are books that I gave 4 stars.

  1. The Life List, Lori Nelson Spielman because it gave me all the emotions!
  2. The Book of Secrets, Elizabeth Joy Arnold because it has books in books and WOW!
  3. The First Rule of Swimming, Angela Courtney Brkic because atmosphere is brilliant
  4. Amity & Sorrow, Peggey Riley because it is real
  5. The Replacement Son, W.S. Culpepper because it is positive despite all the bad
  6. Unseen, Karin Slaughter because it is Karin Slaughter
  7. The Magical Stranger, Stephen Rodrick because it came close
  8. Death, the Devil and the Goldfish, Andrew Buckley because it is hilarious
  9. The Sea of Tranquility, Katja Millay because it made me cry
  10. Heading out to Wonderful, Robert Goolrick because it has beautiful sentences

The Life List, Lori Nelson Spielman cover The Book of Secrets, Elizabeth Joy Arnold cover The First Rule of Swimming, Angela Courtney Brkic cover

Amity & Sorrow, Peggey Riley cover The Replacement Son, W.S. Culpepper cover Unseen, Karin Slaughter cover

The Magical Stranger, Stephen Rodrick cover Death, the Devil and the Goldfish, Andrew Buckley cover The Sea of Tranquility, Katja Millay cover

Heading out to Wonderful, Robert Goolrick cover







Previous
Next Post »

10 reacties

Write reacties
Melinda
AUTHOR
25 June, 2013 delete

I have The Book of Secrets, and definitely cannot wait to read it. I loved First rule of swimming too. Amity and Sorrow is one of the books that I requested, and somehow was approved, but never downloaded it (didn't get the notification)

I want to request The Sea of Tranquility, but I don't have the time to read it!

Reply
avatar
Isi
AUTHOR
25 June, 2013 delete

I haven't read any of them! But I will try The life list soon.
This year I have liked several books, but I still haven't loved any... Fortunately there are 6 months left ;)

Reply
avatar
25 June, 2013 delete

I still have to get to The First Rule of Swimming! One of these days :)

Reply
avatar
Lianne
AUTHOR
25 June, 2013 delete

Yay for books 2 - 4! Even though they didn't make it on either of my lists this week, I really enjoyed all those titles :)

My TTT

Reply
avatar
25 June, 2013 delete

I only know two of these. Off to see what I can find out about the others!

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
25 June, 2013 delete

I liked The Book of Secrets also- and I am looking forward to reading The First Rule of Swimming soon-great list!

Reply
avatar
25 June, 2013 delete

Nice looking list, Ciska! I've only read Amity & Sorrow and while I liked it in some ways (good atmosphere), overall I didn't like it as much as other people did. I have The First Rule of Swimming and Sea of Tranquility but I'm not sure when I'm going to get around to them! I love the cover of The First Rule..., it's gorgeous - I'm leaning towards getting the print copy and reading that, rather than the e-galley.

I love books about books!

My TTT

Reply
avatar
Unknown
AUTHOR
25 June, 2013 delete

The Sea of Tranquility has been on my TBR list for a while. Great picks!

My TTT: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/top-ten-books-ive-read-so-far-in-2013/

Reply
avatar
26 June, 2013 delete

I haven't read any of these books, but my they have some beautiful covers! The Sea of Tranquility sounds fantastic.

Reply
avatar
abuckley23
AUTHOR
28 June, 2013 delete

Woohoo! #8! Thanks Ciska :)

Reply
avatar