Wishlist Wednesday: The Valley of Unknowing, Philip Sington

Wishlist Wednesday is a weeklies hosted by Pen to Paper. As I have enough wishes when it comes to books I decided to join this weekly and tell you about them. I am obviously curious about the books on your wishlist too so feel free to leave a message.

In the twilight years of Communist East Germany, Bruno Krug, author of a single world-famous novel written twenty years earlier, falls for Theresa Aden, a music student from the West. But Theresa has also caught the eye of a cocky young scriptwriter who delights in satirizing Krug’s work.
Asked to appraise a mysterious manuscript, Bruno is disturbed to find that the author is none other than his rival. Disconcertingly, the book is good—very good. But there is hope for the older man: the unwelcome masterpiece is dangerously political. Krug decides that if his affair with Theresa is to prove more than a fling, he must employ a small deception. But in the Workers’ and Peasants’ State, knowing the deceiver from the deceived, the betrayer from the betrayed, isn’t just difficult: it can be a matter of life and death.

This book has been going around my social media sites for a couple of weeks as it has been newly released by W.W. Norton Company. When I saw the cover I was intrigued already. It is so simple but looks if something terrible can happen any moment. Next thing that pulled me in was a book about books and it has an exciting synopsis. I really hope I will be able to get my hands on a copy soon.
Previous
Next Post »

2 reacties

Write reacties
Unknown
AUTHOR
05 December, 2012 delete

Not something I tend to gravitate toward but I hope you get it soon! :)

My Wishing and Waiting

Brandy

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
05 December, 2012 delete

Sounds very suspenseful! Definitely something I'll want to check out. Thanks!

Lisa
My WW

Reply
avatar