Train on Thursday: Gone, Mo Hayder

I travel with public transport on regular base. One of my favorite past times when in bus or train besides reading is checking out what other people read. I usually look these books up (especially when someone is so hooked they don't notice me checking them out) to see if they would be something for me.
In this weekly I will introduce you to the books I spotted while traveling. Feel free to leave a comment with your public transport picks or spots. If you want to write your own post feel free to link your post in the comments.

This week I was not sure if the person liked the book. The one moment she was reading the other she was looking around. It did not really seem to hold her attention.

Diep Mo Hayder cover
November in the West Country.
Evening is closing in as murder detective Jack Caffery arrives to interview the victim of a car-jacking.
He's dealt with routine car-thefts before, but this one is different. This car was taken by force. And on the back seat was a passenger. An eleven-year-old girl. Who is still missing.
Before long the jacker starts to communicate with the police: 'It's started,' he tells them. 'And it ain't going to stop just sudden, is it?'
And Caffery knows that he's going to do it again. Soon the jacker will choose another car with another child on the back seat.
Caffery's a good and instinctive cop; the best in the business, some say. But this time he knows something's badly wrong. Because the jacker seems to be ahead of the police - every step of the way...

This actually looks very interesting and I did end up adding it to my shelves. I am surprised she was not totally absorbed in the book though some reviews say that this book is more mellow than the former parts of these books. I am very curious about it.

Today I found out that the promotion tour for the new Mo Hayder book Poppet is starting. This one looks scary and I saw some reviews already, convincing me even more to check out her books.


Previous
Next Post »

1 reacties:

Write reacties
11 June, 2013 delete

I just can't read scary! Bad dreams!

Reply
avatar