Armchair BEA Introduction post

armchair bea button
Design credit:
Emily of Emily's Reading Room
Last year was the first time I really followed all the BEA excitement while slowly trying to find out what book blogs are about. It was really exciting to read all the tweets and posts from people who went there but on twitter I saw a whole other group of people to... the ones that could not afford to go but wished to be there.
I really loved to see that a group of people cared enough for the mental health of these people to keep them busy during those days and this year I decided to join in the home stayer madness because it looked like fun!! Being able to meet a lot of great bloggers, hear about new books and most important NO HURTING FEET!! Do not hesitate to join yourself or visit more of the blogs participating, go over to http://www.armchairbea.com/ for more information and signing up.

So the introduction questions (secretly answered a few already up there)...

1. Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging?
My name is Ciska and I am from the Netherlands. My first post went live on September 26 2012 after carefully investigating how this whole blog world is working. I started because I wanted to have my own place for my bookish stuff and connect to other people who read.

2. Tell us one non-book-related thing that everyone reading your blog may not know about you.
That is difficult because I know there are people reading here that know me personally and they might be hard to surprise.... my favorite piece of clothing are socks and I often where multiple layers of them.

3. If you could eat dinner with any author or character, who would it be and why?
I would totally want to eat dinner with Daniel Sempere (The Shadow of the Wind, Carlos Ruiz Zafón) so I could make an attempt to let him take me to the Cemetery of Forgotten Books.

4. Name your favorite blog(s) and explain why they are your favorite(s).
Curiosity Killed the Bookworm: Ellie always has all the best books.I love to go trough her posts and see what she got and I usualy end up shelving half or more of the books on her blog.
The Book Musings: Melinda has a similar taste in books and she writes really nice reviews. After reading a book I like to check if she read it and what her thoughts where.
The Perpetual Pageturner: I guess Jamie is high on a lot of peoples lists. She writes very quirky posts and I love her combination between fun and serious.
Picture me Reading: I love the interaction between Alisa and Aidan. I am also a bit jealous she got such a great bookish boyfriend hahaha. I love how important books are in their life with their movies and games and all the extra stuff and the drawings are hilarious.

There are so many great blogs out there and I could go on forever lisiting probably 200 of the 210 blogs I follow (the other ten are not bookish) because there is a reason I follow them in the first place.

5. What are you currently reading, or what is your favorite book you have read so far in 2013?
The best book I read this year up to now was The Invention of Hugo Cabret.
Previous
Next Post »

15 reacties

Write reacties
28 May, 2013 delete

Hi Ciska :)Thanks for stopping by my intro post earlier. It's really nice to read the answers and get to know other bloggers better! I look forward to chatting more with you this week :)

Lexxie

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
28 May, 2013 delete

Such a great idea to suggest Daniel Seprere. I would also love to go to the Cemetry of Forgotten Books!

Ellie's blog is one that I follow and enjoy too.

Happy ArmchairBEa, Ciska!

Reply
avatar
Daisy
AUTHOR
28 May, 2013 delete

Ooh, I'd love to have dinner with Daniel as well and OMG a chance to go to the Cemetry of Forgotten Books!! *dies* That would be amazing!

Reply
avatar
28 May, 2013 delete

I have a thing for socks too! :D I like to wear stripey/colorful/fun ones, lol. It sounds like you must have chilly tootsies to wear more than one pair at a time

Nice to learn some new facts about you Ciska! Happy BEA

Reply
avatar
28 May, 2013 delete

Socks have been so much more important to me since living here in Strasbourg where the winters can be quite harsh. I've even started knitting them... :0)

Reply
avatar
Lindsey
AUTHOR
28 May, 2013 delete

I love my socks too! Sometimes I wish it were cooler so I could have the excuse to wear them 24/7. Sadly at the moment I am sock-less.

Enjoy ABEA!

My intro @ Lindsey Gray

Reply
avatar
28 May, 2013 delete

Socks are an interesting favorite article of clothing! I'm the opposite--I don't particularly care for them and wear sandals as much as possible!
And I'm very glad Armchair BEA is happening for my mental sanity as well.

Reply
avatar
28 May, 2013 delete

Hi! I'm a lover of socks too and a hater of cold feet so it all works out well! I still have to read The Shadow of the Wind but its high on my wish list.
BookishTrish @ Between the Lines

Reply
avatar
Andi
AUTHOR
28 May, 2013 delete

Nice to "meet" you! I'm glad to have found your blog, and I'm looking forward to exploring some of the ones you listed as faves.

Cheers to Armchair BEA! :)

Reply
avatar
Rachel
AUTHOR
28 May, 2013 delete

There are so many bloggers I love so I decided to not list all of them. Socks are great! Though I would not like wearing more than one of them.
NIce to meet you!!!!

Reply
avatar
fredamans
AUTHOR
28 May, 2013 delete

Cool habit of wearing layers of socks. My hubby does that too. :-)

Happy Armchair BEA!

Reply
avatar
29 May, 2013 delete

Welcome to Armchair BEA! Way to do your research before just creating your own blog like I did. I only knew of one book blogger before I decided to start my own. It was a slow process for me to realize how big the book blogging community really is. I definitely jumped in without researching and my blog address (URL), title, and definitely my early reviews all suffered because of it. Good luck with the rest of Armchair BEA!

Old follower! Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

Reply
avatar
Maria
AUTHOR
29 May, 2013 delete

HA! I love your "non-bookish" fact :) I'm the exact opposite. I can't stand wearing socks and wear flip flops or flats as long as I can from spring through fall.

And Hugo Cabret is a fun book!

Have a wonderful week.

Reply
avatar
Nise'
AUTHOR
29 May, 2013 delete

Welcome to the wonderful community of book bloggers! I love funky socks.

Reply
avatar
Melinda
AUTHOR
29 May, 2013 delete

I also want to have dinner with Daniel Sempere :)

Reply
avatar