Emily of Emily's Reading Room
I really loved to see that a group of people cared enough for the mental health of these people to keep them busy during those days and this year I decided to join in the home stayer madness because it looked like fun!! Being able to meet a lot of great bloggers, hear about new books and most important NO HURTING FEET!! Do not hesitate to join yourself or visit more of the blogs participating, go over to http://www.armchairbea.com/ for more information and signing up.
So the introduction questions (secretly answered a few already up there)...
1. Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging?My name is Ciska and I am from the Netherlands. My first post went live on September 26 2012 after carefully investigating how this whole blog world is working. I started because I wanted to have my own place for my bookish stuff and connect to other people who read.
2. Tell us one non-book-related thing that everyone reading your blog may not know about you.That is difficult because I know there are people reading here that know me personally and they might be hard to surprise.... my favorite piece of clothing are socks and I often where multiple layers of them.
3. If you could eat dinner with any author or character, who would it be and why?I would totally want to eat dinner with Daniel Sempere (The Shadow of the Wind, Carlos Ruiz Zafón) so I could make an attempt to let him take me to the Cemetery of Forgotten Books.
4. Name your favorite blog(s) and explain why they are your favorite(s).Curiosity Killed the Bookworm: Ellie always has all the best books.I love to go trough her posts and see what she got and I usualy end up shelving half or more of the books on her blog.
The Book Musings: Melinda has a similar taste in books and she writes really nice reviews. After reading a book I like to check if she read it and what her thoughts where.
The Perpetual Pageturner: I guess Jamie is high on a lot of peoples lists. She writes very quirky posts and I love her combination between fun and serious.
Picture me Reading: I love the interaction between Alisa and Aidan. I am also a bit jealous she got such a great bookish boyfriend hahaha. I love how important books are in their life with their movies and games and all the extra stuff and the drawings are hilarious.
There are so many great blogs out there and I could go on forever lisiting probably 200 of the 210 blogs I follow (the other ten are not bookish) because there is a reason I follow them in the first place.
5. What are you currently reading, or what is your favorite book you have read so far in 2013?The best book I read this year up to now was The Invention of Hugo Cabret.