Bookish come up with a subject and I will try to find 10 results combined with that weeks topic.
The ladies over at The Broke and Bookish really take you from one side to the other. And it is not that this weeks topic is much easier than last weeks when they asked for light and fun reads.
I have been browsing trough my read books for a few times looking for books that would fit into this category and find it difficult to find books. Would you say "just list your favorite books where there is a tough situation" or do you really want to list the top ten books here that touched you because they where dealing with an emotional situation... Ah well I will just start out and see what sort I end up with.
1. The Language of Flowers by Vanessa DiffenbaughI remember I did not want this book to finish. Though it is not the most shocking book out there I was very touched with the lost feeling Victoria displayed.
2. The Magical Stranger by Stephen RodrickThis one is close to home. It touched the same feelings and questions I had / have after I lost my father at young age.
3. Amity & Sorrow by Peggy RileyThis book gives a very raw and honest view on the way cults work.
4. Heading out to Wonderful by Robert GoolrickThe thing that made me think of this book was the fact that Sam was a witness of things he should not have seen at his age.
5. The Glass Castle by Jeanette WallsIn my review I wrote that this book reads like a children's adventure book until you realize it has actually happened to the author.
6. Between Shades of Gray by Ruta SepetysThe scare of the war from the point of view from a teenager. Realizing she is living a normal life and all changes from one day to another. There are obviously a lot of books with a story like this but with this book I really felt it.
7. Child 44 by Tom Rob SmithThis book gave me the creeps and made me look over my shoulder. Is it a though subject? Not in my life because I am living in a so called free country but the idea of having to live your life watching every single thing you do and being scared all the time...