Train on Thursday: Of ik gek ben, Michael Stroink

I travel with public transport on regular base. One of my favorite past times when in bus or train besides reading is checking out what other people read. I usually look these books up (especially when someone is so hooked they don't notice me checking them out) to see if they would be something for me. In this weekly I will introduce you to the books I spotted while traveling. Feel free to leave a comment with your public transport books. If you want to write your own post feel free to link your post in the comments.

Of ik gek ben Michiel Stroink coverBenjamin, a young successful artist, is baffled when he finds himself in a secure psychiatric unit. He simply cannot believe what he is charged with but due to alcohol and drug abuse he cannot remember anything from that evening.
Living as a prisoner in a secure unit is grim and even though he tries to hide the confrontation he witnesses in the unit do not leave him untouched. Slowly Benjamin gets a hold on himself and he is shocked to find out how he as a-social and a narcissist in his former life.
Slowly Benjamin returns to feeling human and changes to a man who seems to be solid. But than he receives a letter which changes everything.

I am usually not really big on Dutch books but this sounds interesting in a way. I am curious what is in that letter for sure. This book has not been translated yet so I am curious whom of my Dutch followers read it and if it is worth reading?
Previous
Next Post »