Books for the Month: October 2012

October books for the month
Yay October, autumn, storms, halloween and my mums birthday.
In the Netherlands Halloween is not a common party though it is celebrated more and more. I notice in my bookclubs on Goodreads a lot of people choose October to read the scary books.

This month I have got a lot of books ready and I hope I manage to get trough all of them. If I do I am well on track of all of my challenges.

I obviously still have to finish "The Time Travellers Wife" which I started on the 29th of September. After that I got the following books lined up:
  • Bram Stoker / Dracula (Groupread Coffee & Books on Goodreads)
  • Neil Gaiman / The Graveyard Book (Groupread Coffee & Books on Goodreads)
  • Meg Wolitzer / The Uncoupling (A-Z Challenge U)
  • Sarah Jio / The Violets of March (A-Z Challenge V)
  • Sara Gruen / Water for Elephants (A-Z Challenge W)
  • Maggie Stiefvater / Shiver (Series Challenge)
  • Maggie Stiefvater / Linger (Series Challenge)
  • Maggie Stiefvater / Forever (Series Challenge)
  • S.J. Watson / Before I go to Sleep (Groupread @LeesTweeps)
The last one I have to finish before the 4th of November when there will be a Twitter chat about the book. 
The Literary Blog Hop
And... drum roll please... I am going to have my first giveaway this month. At the end of the month I will join in the Literary Giveaway Blog Hop hosted by Judith from Leeswammes. For more information or to join visit her blog Literary Giveaway Blog Hop.
I am so excited about this. Still planning what to do exactly but that is just half the fun.

I am curious about your plans for October, will you use the All Hallows' Eve month to read all your scary books?
Previous
Next Post »