Wishlist Wednesday: Cirkel, Mats Strandberg & Sarah B. Elfgren

de circkel
This year I went to Manuscripta and in the boot of A.W. Bruna I saw this book. I read the synopsis and was not sure what to think of it but I could not stop looking at the cover. Cause it is very very pretty.

When I had some time left I reread the synopsis again and I wondered why I was so against it at first. Cause honestly this sounds like a great mystery but with a lot of supernatural stuff. For people who do not know what the book is about, the synopsis.

One night, while a mysterious red moon fills the sky, six girls meet in the park. They have nothing in common and have no idea how they got there or why they are in the park but they realize they will not survive without one another.
Just before Minoo, Rebecka, Vanessa, Anna-Karin, Linnéa en Ida started a new school year in the city of Engelsfors. They do not know each other but all notice strange things happening and that each one of them has a special gift. When they are confronted with each other in the park they hear about the ancient Evil that is part of Engelsfors and according to an old legend they are the ones who can beat this Evil. Only when they cooperate they can beat this Evil but there is not much time left...
I went back to Manuscripta on Sunday and again I noticed myself being pulled to this book. It was than I decided I had to have this book on my to read shelf. I am not sure though if I want to read it in Dutch or English. So will see which one I will be able to get my hands on first.

Curious too or just in love with the cover. De Cirkel (Dutch version) eBook or De Cirkel (Dutch version) paperback from publisher A.W. Bruna. Is your Dutch not what it used to be you can get the book in English from Random House imprint Hammer The Circle

Previous
Next Post »

7 reacties

Write reacties
03 October, 2012 delete

This does sound very interesting. Hope you get to read it real soon.

Nancy @ The Avid Reader

MY WW

Reply
avatar
Drea Shane
AUTHOR
03 October, 2012 delete

I've never heard of it, but it sounds awesome. I hope you score a copy and leave us a great review:) here's my wishlist:
http://andreaheltsleybooks.com/2012/10/03/wishlist-wednesday-14/

Reply
avatar
03 October, 2012 delete

Love the cover - hope you get to read it soon

Reply
avatar
03 October, 2012 delete

I hear of this one :) But I like the cover! Thanks for stopping by my WW.

Janina
My WW

Reply
avatar
Ula
AUTHOR
03 October, 2012 delete

The cover is really beautiful! I hope you get your copy soon ;)

My WW

Reply
avatar
Shelver506
AUTHOR
04 October, 2012 delete

Ooooh. Hope you get it soon!

My WW: http://shelversanon.blogspot.com/2012/10/wishlist-wednesday-13.html

Reply
avatar
Unknown
AUTHOR
08 October, 2012 delete

Hey! New follower :) Anyways, I read this book this summer. I bought it from Donner/Selexyz. To be honest, I wasn't really blown away. It's very realistic. It's dark and gritty and not very happy. It's mysterious, but I wasn't really surprised by the ending. Haha, but I have a sixth sense for bad guys ;)It's cool though, not my taste but maybe you'll get into it :) Feel something I didn't!

Reply
avatar