Wishlist Wednesday: Left Neglected, Lisa Genova

Wishlist Wednesday is a weeklies hosted by Pen to Paper. As I have enough wishes when it comes to books I decided to join this weekly and tell you about them. I am obviously curious about the books on your wishlist too so feel free to leave a message and tell me all about it.

Sarah Nickerson is like any other career-driven supermom in Welmont, the affluent Boston suburb where she leads life with her husband Bob, faithful nanny, and three children—Lucy, Charlie, and nine-month-old Linus. She works as the vice president of human resources at Berkley Consulting; shuttling the kids to soccer, day care, and piano lessons; convincing her son’s teacher that he may not, in fact, have ADD; and making it home in time for dinner, it’s a wonder this over-scheduled, over-achieving Harvard graduate has time to breathe.
Until one fateful day, while driving to work and trying to make a phone call, she looks away from the road for one second too long. In the blink of an eye, all the rapidly moving parts of her jam-packed life come to a screeching halt. 
A traumatic brain injury completely erases the left side of her world, and for once, Sarah relinquishes control to those around her, including her formerly absent mother. Without the ability to even floss her own teeth, she struggles to find answers about her past and her uncertain future.
I am always pulled to books with subjects like these. People living their lives and when something goes terribly wrong they need to find a new way to enjoy life. I am always curious how an author sees that and what they make important. That in combination with the title of this book made me very curious of the choices the author makes for this story.
I am really looking forward to curl up with this book on a rainy and depressing day and get pulled in.
Previous
Next Post »

3 reacties

Write reacties
Unknown
AUTHOR
24 October, 2012 delete

Not my cup of tea, but I like the cover. Hope you get it :)

My WW: http://blueskyshelf.blogspot.com/2012/10/wishlist-wednesday-2.html

Reply
avatar
Ula
AUTHOR
24 October, 2012 delete

A big life change is always an interesting topic, though I don0t read books like this one that often.

My WW
*GIVEAWAY*

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
24 October, 2012 delete

I read this one last year. I thought the descriptions of the character's condition were fascinating. A really enjoyable and interesting read -- when you get a chance to read it, I'd love to hear what you think!

Lisa @ Bookshelf Fantasies
My WW

Reply
avatar