Wishlist Wednesday: The Scent of Rain and Lightning, Nancy Pickard

Wishlist Wednesday is a weeklies hosted by Pen to Paper. As I have enough wishes when it comes to books I decided to join this weekly and tell you about them. I am obviously curious about the books on your wishlist too so feel free to leave a message and tell me all about it.

The book on my wish list this week was nominated for a monthly read in one of my book clubs. 
The Scent of Rain and Lightning Nancy Pickard

One beautiful summer afternoon, from her bedroom window on the second floor, Jody Linder is unnerved to see her three uncles parking their pickups in front of her parents’ house—or what she calls her parents’ house, even though Jay and Laurie Jo Linder have been gone almost all of Jody’s life. “What is this fearsome thing I see?” the young high school English teacher whispers, mimicking Shakespeare. Polished boots, pressed jeans, fresh white shirts, Stetsons—her uncles’ suspiciously clean visiting clothes are a disturbing sign.

The three bring shocking news: The man convicted of murdering Jody’s father is being released from prison and returning to the small town of Rose, Kansas. It has been twenty-six years since that stormy night when, as baby Jody lay asleep in her crib, her father was shot and killed and her mother disappeared, presumed dead. Neither the protective embrace of Jody’s uncles nor the safe haven of her grandparents’ ranch could erase the pain caused by Billy Crosby on that catastrophic night.

Now Billy Crosby has been granted a new trial, thanks in large part to the efforts of his son, Collin, a lawyer who has spent most of his life trying to prove his father’s innocence. As Jody lives only a few doors down from the Crosbys, she knows that sooner or later she’ll come face-to-face with the man who she believes destroyed her family.

What she doesn’t expect are the heated exchanges with Collin. Having grown up practically side by side in this very small town, Jody and Collin have had a long history of carefully avoiding each other’s eyes. Now Jody discovers that underneath their antagonism is a shared sense of loss that no one else could possibly understand. As she revisits old wounds, startling revelations compel her to uncover the dangerous truth about her family’s tragic past. (taken from Goodreads)
My first reaction was drifting of with the idea of the scent of rain. We have a convertible and there is really nothing better than driving trough a coniferous forest just after some rain early in the morning. This was enough to seduce me to read the synopsis and that made my heart really beat. A nice thriller mystery book with such a title. No doubt this one was going on my to read list. Now I just need to find a copy of this book and a rainy day to read it.
Previous
Next Post »

4 reacties

Write reacties
10 October, 2012 delete

Sounds like a great read - off to add it to my wishlist !

Reply
avatar
collettakay
AUTHOR
10 October, 2012 delete

This book sounds amazing! Definitely adding it to my wishlist. Good luck getting your hands on it!

Here's what I'm wishing for this week:

http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2012/10/wishing-and-waiting-101012.html

Colletta

Reply
avatar
10 October, 2012 delete

This sounds awesome :) Will be adding to my TBR!
Thanks for stopping by my My WW :)

Janina

Reply
avatar
Ula
AUTHOR
10 October, 2012 delete

Sounds a bit scary but still interesting. Nice choice :)

My WW

Reply
avatar