Wishlist Wednesday: The Time Keeper, Mitch Albom

Wishlist Wednesday is a weeklies hosted by Pen to Paper. As I have enough wishes when it comes to books I decided to join this weekly and tell you about them. I am obviously curious about the books on your wishlist too so feel free to leave a message and tell me all about it.

The Time Keeper Mitch Albom
The inventor of the world's first clock is punished for trying to measure God's greatest gift. He is banished to a cave for centuries and forced to listen to the voices of all who come after him seeking more days, more years. Eventually, with his soul nearly broken, Father Time is granted his freedom, along with a magical hourglass and a mission: a chance to redeem himself by teaching two earthly people the true meaning of time.

He returns to our world--now dominated by the hour-counting he so innocently began--and commences a journey with two unlikely partners: one a teenage girl who is about to give up on life, the other a wealthy old businessman who wants to live forever. To save himself, he must save them both. And stop the world to do so. (taken from Goodreads)

I saw this book in the movers and shakers list on Goodreads and totally fell for the cover. After reading the synopsis I was intrigued and my curiosity was born. I cannot come up with very well thought reasons why I want to have this book. If I look at it my brain just jumps up and down while screaming "WANT WANT WANT!!!"

After some careful consideration I do think I can say something sane on this book. I really like the idea of defying the concept of time. People are always rushed and living by the clock which is not always nice because it seems there is not enough time to do all the things one wants. On the other hand how would we live if we do not have time?

What is on your Wishlist this Wednesday?
Previous
Next Post »

5 reacties

Write reacties
Ula
AUTHOR
17 October, 2012 delete

Sounds very interesting and the cover is so pretty! I need to check this one out myself. :)

My WW
GIVEAWAY

Reply
avatar
17 October, 2012 delete

Ooh this sounds really interesting and the whole concept of time seems to be really played about with. Hmm I'm very intrigued and will definitely check this one out :)

Becca @ Lost in Thought
http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/wishlist-wednesday-13_17.html

Reply
avatar
collettakay
AUTHOR
17 October, 2012 delete

I haven't heard of this one. Good luck!

Colletta

Reply
avatar
Leigh
AUTHOR
17 October, 2012 delete

Sounds good :D I don't know but I feel like I'm going to like this book and will keep me entertained. Here's my WLW https://littlebookstar.wordpress.com/2012/10/17/wishlist-wednesday-2-beta/#comments

Leigh

Reply
avatar
Shelver506
AUTHOR
18 October, 2012 delete

Wow. It's not a YA book (which is what I normally read and review), but I'm super-intrigued. Let us know how it is!

My WW: http://shelversanon.blogspot.com/2012/10/wishlist-wednesday-14.html

Reply
avatar