Teaser Tuesday: The Time Traveler's Wife, Audrey Niffenegger

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


The Time Traveler's Wife, Audrey Niffenegger

“But Clare,” says my grandmother, “he must be a demon.” She says it matter-of-factly, as though she’s telling me that my coat’s buttoned up wrong, or that it’s time for lunch.
Previous
Next Post »

10 reacties

Write reacties
Elizabeth
AUTHOR
02 October, 2012 delete

What an absolutely beautiful blog....I LOVE IT.

I read this book and didn't care for it too much.....sorry. But thanks for the teaser.


My teaser is listed below. Hope you can stop by....I have giveaways going on as well.

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
http://silversolara.blogspot.com/2012/10/teaser-tuesdays-102.html

Reply
avatar
02 October, 2012 delete

Thanks for stopping by the blog. I haven't read this book yet.

Reply
avatar
Ciska
AUTHOR
02 October, 2012 delete

Thanks Elizabeth for your compliment. I can understand your feeling about this book.

Reply
avatar
Elizabeth
AUTHOR
02 October, 2012 delete

So you agree that the book is quite different? :)

Reply
avatar
Ciska
AUTHOR
02 October, 2012 delete

I think I like the movie better, which does not happen often..

Reply
avatar
Elizabeth
AUTHOR
02 October, 2012 delete

Ok..didn't see the movie.

THANKS.

Reply
avatar
02 October, 2012 delete

I've never read this book, but I did see the movie. The movie was pretty good! It was funny how when he'd time travel he'd end up naked and have to grab something random to wear! Does that happen in the book too?

Reply
avatar
Ciska
AUTHOR
02 October, 2012 delete

Not as obvious as in the movie Nicki, that is what I miss in the book a bit. The time travel in the book is more of a matter of fact. He is there usually and vanishes and you miss the whole all of a sudden factor in the story.

Reply
avatar
hmpotts724
AUTHOR
02 October, 2012 delete

Thanks for an awesome teaser!

Here's ours: http://refractedlightreviews.com/?p=10359

Reply
avatar
Golden Eagle
AUTHOR
05 October, 2012 delete

I've seen this book around a lot but I've never read it. Great teaser!

Reply
avatar