Musing Monday: October 29th 2012

Musing Monday is a weekly hosted by MizB at Should be Reading. This week’s musing asks…

Do you have people online that you often discuss the books you read with? Not just book groups, but individual readers who share the same taste in books? If so, what do you like best about this? If not, do you wish you did?

I do not have a lot of people online whom I discuss books with. I visit blogs and follow readers on twitter and when a person is writing about a book I know I react or get involved in the discussion. But I have not found a person with such a same taste in books that we got so involved. Same with real life actually, there are books I discuss with the one person and books I know I can better discuss with someone else.
I am not sure I would like to have a person with such a similair taste. I like that I get introduced to new and different books.
Previous
Next Post »

5 reacties

Write reacties
caite
AUTHOR
29 October, 2012 delete

that is a good point...I like the different tastes and viewpoints I am exposed to online.

Reply
avatar
Gigi Ann
AUTHOR
29 October, 2012 delete

I agree with you, I leave comments sometimes about a book I've read on their reviews, but that isn't the same as a discussion.

Reply
avatar
29 October, 2012 delete

Yes, exposure to books outside our comfort zones is a good thing. I like the blogging community and how it offers that exposure.

Here's MY MUSING MONDAYS POST

Reply
avatar
Wendy Lohr
AUTHOR
30 October, 2012 delete

Great point about discussing books with people who have different tastes versus similar. I joined in the book blogging community about a year ago and have followed lots of different genres of blogs which have allowed me to expand my reading interests into some amazing genres I wouldn't have tried if I had stuck inside my original "comfort zone". Thanks for dropping by my musing post earlier! :)

Reply
avatar
Susanbright
AUTHOR
30 October, 2012 delete

Every once in a while I finish a book and I just HAVE to talk about it! Fortunately I have a couple of friends who read similar books and usually I can find someone to talk to me. When I write a book review on my blog I enjoy reading the comments and seeing what others think.Love checking out other book blogs and Goodreads too!

Reply
avatar