Train on Thursday: Terugkeer naar Iverness, Diana Gabaldon

I travel with public transport on regular base. One of my favorite past times when in bus or train besides reading is checking out what other people read. I usually look these books up (especially when someone is so hooked they don't notice me checking them out) to see if they would be something for me. In this weekly I will introduce you to the books I spotted while traveling.
If you want to join in this weekly feel free to write your own post on the books you spot. That can be anywhere, in the park, on the street, in line at the bookstore / library. There is a linky in the bottom to link up your post. Or leave a comment.

Terugkeer naar Iverness, Diana Gabaldon
For twenty years Claire Randall has kept her secrets. But now she is returning with her grown daughter to Scotland’s majestic mist-shrouded hills. Here Claire plans to reveal a truth as stunning as the events that gave it birth: about the mystery of an ancient circle of standing stones ... about a love that transcends the boundaries of time ... and about James Fraser, a Scottish warrior whose gallantry once drew a young Claire from the security of her century to the dangers of his....

Now a legacy of blood and desire will test her beautiful copper-haired daughter, Brianna, as Claire’s spellbinding journey of self-discovery continues in the intrigue-ridden Paris court of Charles Stuart ... in a race to thwart a doomed Highlands uprising ... and in a desperate fight to save both the child and the man she loves....

Look at that pretty cover. It caught my eye immediately. It was not hard to recognize the name but as an Outlander (or Gabaldong) virgin I was not aware this was the second book in the series, Dragonfly in Amber which I own and still have to read!! So yes, this book will be read at some point.



Previous
Next Post »

5 reacties

Write reacties
14 November, 2013 delete

Beautiful cover! What is the actual translation of the title (Terugkeer?). I love the series, and this book is wonderful. Thanks for sharing!

Lisa

Reply
avatar
Ciska
AUTHOR
14 November, 2013 delete

The title would be Return to Iverness. I am really looking forward to reading it.

Reply
avatar
Jen G.
AUTHOR
15 November, 2013 delete

This is a cool idea for a post. I'm always asking people what they're reading when they mention a book or I see them reading something.

Reply
avatar
15 November, 2013 delete

Outlander is one of my FAVORITE series!

Reply
avatar
Melinda
AUTHOR
19 November, 2013 delete

This is indeed a really nice cover!!

Reply
avatar