Wishlist Wednesday: Night Film, Marisha Pessl

Wishlist Wednesday is a weeklies hosted by Pen to Paper.As I have enough wishes when it comes to books I decided to join this weekly and tell you about them. I am obviously curious about the books on your wishlist too so feel free to leave a message.

Night Film, Marisha Pessl
On a damp October night, beautiful young Ashley Cordova is found dead in an abandoned warehouse in lower Manhattan. Though her death is ruled a suicide, veteran investigative journalist Scott McGrath suspects otherwise. As he probes the strange circumstances surrounding Ashley’s life and death, McGrath comes face-to-face with the legacy of her father: the legendary, reclusive cult-horror-film director Stanislas Cordova—a man who hasn’t been seen in public for more than thirty years.

For McGrath, another death connected to this seemingly cursed family dynasty seems more than just a coincidence. Though much has been written about Cordova’s dark and unsettling films, very little is known about the man himself.
Driven by revenge, curiosity, and a need for the truth, McGrath, with the aid of two strangers, is drawn deeper and deeper into Cordova’s eerie, hypnotic world.
The last time he got close to exposing the director, McGrath lost his marriage and his career. This time he might lose even more.

I have heard so many great things about this book and have been eyeing it from the moment I first saw it. Honestly I cannot keep myself from picking it up in book stores just to put it down again because I do still have a huge pile of books that need attention.
Previous
Next Post »

3 reacties

Write reacties
27 November, 2013 delete

I'm not sure. . . I think my list right now is the wish to read the books I already have! I'm sooo in need of loving my shelves!

Reply
avatar
Melinda
AUTHOR
29 November, 2013 delete

I've made my wishlist on goodreads (tweeted it yesterday) but luckily it's nothing new that I've added. I'm also going to start reading books that I have more!

Reply
avatar
Rory
AUTHOR
30 November, 2013 delete

I've heard nothing but the best things about this book. I can't wait to read it. It's on my Christmas list.

Reply
avatar