Wishlist Wednesday: 10:04, Ben Lerner

Wishlist Wednesday is a weeklies hosted by Pen to Paper. As I have enough wishes when it comes to books I decided to join this weekly and tell you about them. I am obviously curious about the books on your wishlist too so feel free to leave a message.

In the last year, the narrator of 10:04 has enjoyed unlikely literary success, has been diagnosed with a potentially fatal medical condition, and has been asked by his best friend to help her conceive a child. In a New York of increasingly frequent superstorms and social unrest, he must reckon with his own mortality and the prospect of fatherhood in a city that might soon be underwater.

I am not so sure what appeals to me in this book. None of my Goodreads friends read or rated it, there are only a few who have added it to their to be read pile. Still I pick it up every time I see it in a book store (no I haven't bought it yet) no matter what cover is showing (we have both the American and UK cover here plus a Dutch translation). So here it is.. on my wishlist!
Are any of you familiar with this problem?
Previous
Next Post »