It's Monday the 22nd of July 2013! What are you reading?

It's Monday! What are You Reading! is a weekly hosted by Sheila over at Book Journey. This weekly is meant to keep you people updated on what I read the last week and what I am planning to read the upcoming week.

Last week has been busy and warm. On Wednesday I had bookclub which was fun even though not everybody read the book. There was some nice discussion about themes surrounding the story. I also heard that Neil Gaiman will be in the Netherlands from the 15th till the 17th of August and on the 17th he is a in a bookstore close to my town so I will go there. This obviously messed up my reading schedule a bit because I had to get The Ocean at the End of the Lane and now I have to read it.

Last week I read The Clockwork Bluebird by Ravven, Ashes by Kelly Cozy and The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman

The Clockwork Bluebird Ashes Kelly Cozy cover The Ocean at the End of the Lane Neil Gaiman cover


I am currently reading The Returned by Jason Mott

The Returned Jason Mott cover


Next up are Forgive me, Leonard Peacock by Matthew Quick and  Goat Mountain by David Vann

Forgive me Leonard Peacock Matthew Quick cover Goat Mountain David Vann cover

Previous
Next Post »

8 reacties

Write reacties
Anonymous
AUTHOR
22 July, 2013 delete

Keep it cool, Ciska! I'm almost reading The Returned - looking forward to it. I hope Goat Mountain is good (it will have to wait on my pile a little longer).

Enjoy the rest of the week - hopefully you have time for a book in the shade.

Reply
avatar
22 July, 2013 delete

I'm going to be reading The Returned very soon myself. I hope it's a good one :) I've heard great things.

I can't wait to hear what you think about Goat Mountain. That's another book I've been hearing good things about lately.

Have a great week!

Reply
avatar
Lindsey
AUTHOR
22 July, 2013 delete

The Clockwork Bluebird looks interesting. I will have to look into it. Have a great week!

Reply
avatar
22 July, 2013 delete

You got some good reading done there, Ciska! I haven't had much success with Gaiman to date but I'm quite curious about his new book - I love the title but I haven't actually looked up what it's about yet!

Hope you have a great week. :)

Reply
avatar
23 July, 2013 delete

It is very warm, isn't it? Not much else to do but read...

Goat mountain has an interesting title and I am curious about the Neil Gaiman book. I only read one book by him so far, and I liked that.

Have a great week & kind regards,

Reply
avatar
Elizabeth
AUTHOR
23 July, 2013 delete

Will be checking back to see what you think about RETURNED.

ENJOY your week.

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

Reply
avatar
Andi
AUTHOR
24 July, 2013 delete

I just loved The Ocean at the End of the Lane. It's one of those books I'll always wish I could read for the first time all over again.

Reply
avatar
Melinda
AUTHOR
25 July, 2013 delete

The Returned looks interesting! I'm reading The Book of Secrets and Rebecca & Allison's book club read.

Reply
avatar