Train on Thursday: De Verdwenen Menora, Jan en Sanne Terlouw

I travel with public transport on regular base. One of my favorite past times when in bus or train besides reading is checking out what other people read. I usually look these books up (especially when someone is so hooked they don't notice me checking them out) to see if they would be something for me. In this weekly I will introduce you to the books I spotted while traveling.
If you want to join in this weekly feel free to write your own post on the books you spot. That can be anywhere, in the park, on the street, in line at the bookstore / library. There is a linky in the bottom to link up your post. Or leave a comment.

De verdwenen Menora Jan en Sanne Terlouw cover
In the cathedral of Den Bosch a father is killed. Shortly before he dies he has secured a mysterious document that seems to hold indication on the Menorah, the golden seven-branched candelabrum that was part of the spoils of war taken by the Romans from a Jerusalem temple 70 years AD.
Does the Menorah still exist? What journey did he make throughout history? Does the mysterious document holds clues where the Menorah is now? Religious fundamentalist will do anything to get their hands on the document but what are their motives? Though unplanned and unwanted Ben Lorentz and his loved ones get involved in the mystery. Will they be able to discover the secrets?

Jan Terlouw is one of my favorite childhood authors but I never read any of his adult novels. This one actually sounds very interesting but it has some pretty bad reviews. I have added it to my shelves but am not sure if I will read it. I am scared to ruin the image I have of the author if I do not like his adult fiction.





Previous
Next Post »

1 reacties:

Write reacties
Melinda
AUTHOR
25 July, 2013 delete

Let's hope you will like this one! (Bad reviews or not)

Reply
avatar