Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite beginnings or ends of a book

Top Ten buttonTop Ten Tuesday is a weekly hosted by The Broke and Bookish. Every week the girls from the Broke and
Bookish come up with a subject and I will try to find 10 results combined with that weeks topic.

This weeks topic was not really that simple for me. If a first line is catchy I will settle myself and start reading but to say that I remember that one book with that catchy sentence or that surprising or poetic end is something different. So I had to go and check some of the books that gave me that feeling while looking at them and I managed to gather some of these beginnings and two ends.

It begins with absence and desire
It begins with blood and frea
It begins with a discovery of witches

What we've always done, Joanna, Bridget replied. Remember the past and await the future.
-The beginning and the end of A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness-

I still remember the day my father took me to the Cemetery of Forgotten Books for the first time
-The beginning of The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón-

When dead tells a story you really have to listen
-On the cover of The Book Thief by Markus Zusak-

It was night again. The Waystone Inn lay in silence, and it was a silence of three parts.
-The beginning of The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss-

And they each take a key: and lock opposite ends of the chest
-The end of The Rose Labyrinth by Titiana Hardie-

The Circus arrives without warning
-The beginning of The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern-
Previous
Next Post »

6 reacties

Write reacties
Lexxie Lin
AUTHOR
30 July, 2013 delete

Hey, at least you tried, Ciska. I just gave up today and posted a Teaser Tuesday instead of a top ten :)

I hope you're having a good week :)

Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Boookviews

Reply
avatar
30 July, 2013 delete

Awesome that you listed A Discovery of Witches in your list this week <3 And yay for The Night Circus too xD

Reply
avatar
30 July, 2013 delete

The opening for A Discovery of Witches is really wonderful and perfectly sets the tone for the book. Nice selections!

Lisa

Reply
avatar
30 July, 2013 delete

My friend just finished A Discovery of Witches and loved it. Now after reading those two quotes, I can't wait to borrow the book from her!

Reply
avatar
30 July, 2013 delete

Those sentences would certainly inspire me to continue reading.

Reply
avatar
31 July, 2013 delete

I like that one from The Shadow of the Wind! Rebecca by Du Maurier's opening line is also a favourite!

Reply
avatar